Praetura 2020 EIS Fund – Investor Memorandum
Our 2020 EIS Fund has a target fundraise of £10m, aiming to take advantage of the shortfall in venture capital in the North of England and beyond.
Find out more
To learn more about the Praetura 2020 EIS Fund, complete the form at the end of this page. You will then be sent:
- The Key Information Document for the Praetura EIS 2020 Fund
- The Praetura EIS 2020 Fund Investor Memorandum
Please read the following information before you proceed
For the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005, an investment professional means:
- (a) an authorised person;
- (b) an exempt person where the communication relates to a controlled activity which is a regulated activity in relation to which the person is exempt;
- (c) any other person —
- (i) whose ordinary activities involve him in carrying on the controlled activity to which the communication relates for the purpose of a business carried on by him; or;
- (ii) who it is reasonable to expect will carry on such activity for the purposes of a business carried on by him;
- (d) a government, local authority (whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere) or an international organisation
- (e) a person (“A”) who is a director, office or employee of a person (“B”) falling within any of sub-paragraphs (a) to (d) where the communication is made to A in that capacity and where A’s responsibilities when acting in that capacity involve him in the carrying on by B of controlled activities.
Certified High Net Worth Investor
For the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005, to be a certified high net worth individual you must meet one or more of the following:
- I had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include –
- the property which is my primary residence or any loan secured on that residence;
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001; or
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which my (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled.
Self-certified Sophisticated Investor
For the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotions) Order 2005, to be a self-certified sophisticated investor you must meet one or more of the following:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the last two years;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
To receive a copy of the investor memorandum, complete the form below